Blog Post Reflection

A Reflection on Media

In my experience, before you can change something you have to be aware of the setting before.  You have to understand the issue before you can do anything to find a solution.  This does not necessarily mean that social media is an issue, through the many different topics discussed in my blogs as well as my peers blogs this is very clear. Although it may not be an issue, my interactions with media can definitely change for the better and through my time with media blogs, understanding how to change has become much more clear.  


I have learned that media has its positive side.  It can help as a platform to allow creative expression to come out, it allows for relationships to grow, and it allows the world to become more united. These are the parts of social media I have learned to embrace and accentuate.  However, I now better understand how it can be addicting in a toxic way, it can expedite negative stereotypes and lower the self of steam of many.  Before I was aware of media's cons, they were happening sub-consciencely.  The blogs helped me improve my metafiction and be more aware of what information I was being touched by through media's implicit messages and videos.

 I have already noticed a changed in how I interact with media.  I am on my phone about the same amount of time, which is something I am still working on, but the time I spend I am using for more of media's positives.  I have made an effort to keep out the parts of social media that I find toxic and since doing so, I have not found forms of media addicting at all.  I would not have much of a problem with staying aware from my phone for an added amount of time because feel way less connected to the digital world.  I better understand the line that is drawn between a screen and reality, and I am, with being aware of this, able to choose reality over a screen effortlessly.  Overall, I think that becoming aware of media's many effects has resulted in a positive manner.  

Comments